An ode to June
I love June.
Let me say that again: I love June.
June has greeted us every day with cloudless, sunny skies. June sunshine lasts until well past 8:30. June means swinging and chalk drawing on the driveway and playing in the hose. June means that I don't feel quite so sick. June is glorious.
As a symbol of the glory of June, our peonies have burst in elegant splendor, charming us with their tissue-paper-like blooms. They waft a rose like scent on the breeze. Delicious.
Scottish author James Barrie reminds us that "God gave us memories, that we might have June roses in the Decembers of our lives." To that end, here are some memories to warm my heart this December:
PS John and Julie: this one's for you!
Let me say that again: I love June.
June has greeted us every day with cloudless, sunny skies. June sunshine lasts until well past 8:30. June means swinging and chalk drawing on the driveway and playing in the hose. June means that I don't feel quite so sick. June is glorious.
As a symbol of the glory of June, our peonies have burst in elegant splendor, charming us with their tissue-paper-like blooms. They waft a rose like scent on the breeze. Delicious.
Scottish author James Barrie reminds us that "God gave us memories, that we might have June roses in the Decembers of our lives." To that end, here are some memories to warm my heart this December:
PS John and Julie: this one's for you!
Comments
But really I'm happy for you. Cut some and put them by your bed.
I'm glad you're feeling well . . . better. Here's wishing you a glorious summer ahead!