Life is Good

So. It's been awhile. I think what has happened is that I have two children. That doesn't sound like much, but it's been a learning curve for me. Someone told me right after Asher was born that I should give myself a year to get used to it all. At the time, that seemed so long, and I thought that surely I could master the situation in a couple of months. Six months, tops.

Hah.

The main thing I think I'm learning from parenting right now is that there's a whole lot of stuff that I don't know. So, I feel humble, and that there's a lot to learn.

And so. Perhaps an update is fitting,

Asher, the love of my life, the grinniest, smiliest, laughingest baby I've ever seen, spent the first ten months of his life screaming. The poor darling had colic, and no matter what we tried, we couldn't help him. He finally grew out of it, and grew into his sweet personality. I spent most of the year in a sleep deprived haze, and finding that the love I feel for this boy is so deep and profound, I can barely fathom it. I wonder if I love him so much because I've had to work so hard helping him. There's something to that, to be sure.








Lillian has moved from the insanity of three years old to the sweet delight of four years old. We feel grateful that she (and we) survived the year.

Lillian loves a lot of things right now: she loves going to preschool, she loves gymnastics and swimming class, she loves looking at books and is learning how read (ah, the child of my heart), she loves imaginative play and will keep herself entertained for hours in her room constructing elaborate scenarios involving her 3 1/2 inch sized princesses ("Merida! You cannot go to the castle right now!" "But I love going to the castle because I want to be like Jesus!" "But if you go to the castle then the monster will get you!" "Aaahhh! I am the MONSTER!" and so on--you get the idea).







2013 is promising for our family. We feel happy and blessed and grateful.

Here's my gentle promise to myself (and to my Aunt Ellen)--I will keep this blog updated monthly.


Comments

Anaise said…
Hooray! I love to hear from you! 10 months of colic could just about kill anyone. Give yourself a pat on the back for surviving.
Cade said…
Isn't monthly a bit ambitious? Perhaps you should ease into this new resolution.?
Diane said…
Don't listen to Cade. So so fun to get this update!
Anne said…
Love love love to hear from you. And you. And those sweet babies. Can't believe how big they're getting.
Diane said…
Ummm, it is now May. Just sayin'.

Popular posts from this blog

In Singapore Now

For Thad

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...