Lovely Lillian



I picked up my precious child this morning
who lay gurgling merrily in her crib.
I brought her to my bed and fed her, and
I talked to her lovingly as I held her tiny hands.
I caressed her sweet face and she smiled back at me.
And then
That sweet angel
Furrowed her brow, gritted her gums
(no teeth as of yet)
And from the ankle of her fancy satin edged pajamas
Issued forth poop like a shot out of a cannon
That landed warm and moist in my unexpectant lap.
I dragged myself and that precious child to the shower
I washed her and me and all our poop covered parts
I dried her off and smothered her in sweet smelling baby lotion
I removed the newly washed
and now newly pooped upon sheets from my bed
I put them in the washer
(they seem to be more at home there lately)
And then
I called Trent and
We dissolved in a heap of uncontrolled laughter.

Sweet,
precious,
poopy
Lillian Grace.


Comments

Jen said…
Aw, honey, that is why Elizabeth's pet name for her first year was poopstain. She hates it when I tell people, but it is true. Can you believe how adorable, beautiful, and precious they are, and how much work it is. xo
Camille said…
ahhhhh that's hilarious!!!! I loveee the pics and I loveeeeeeeeee the poem. You're so friggin' amazing!
. said…
Oh, you just painted the most wonderful picture in my mind! I guess I really MUST be done because I didn't feel all squishy when I realized I don't have many more poop squirts in my future. We've all been there and you just made it absolutely wonderful to revisit those kinds of memories. LOVE that Lillian Grace (she has a beautiful face!).
Steffani said…
She is gorgeous! Steffani
Anaise said…
That was very funny and very real!
AD said…
All of that sweet smelling poo must have been a joy to clean up! :)

She is cuter by the day, which shouldn't be possible because she was so dang cute to begin with!
Diane said…
You had me going at the first of that beautiful poem. Once the poop started I lost it. Every mother can identify with that experience. By the way, real diapers held poop much better than disposables. What is with that?
Dangcutekids said…
I absolutely love the little robe. You are a great poet, even when the subject matter is stinky. I can't believe how much older she's looking, what a doll!
Mike-and-Lesa said…
That reminds me of the time i was showering Thad. Everything was going great, the water was warm, Thad wa happy in fact he was too happy. That is when i realized that he had just relieved himself all over me and the shower floor. I started to clean us both up only to find out very quickly that he wasnt done yet. about 5 min. later Lesa walked into the bathroom and saw the situation. I couldnt tell if she was crying or laughing. Oh the things we do for the people we love. p.s. look at your cutey little baby!!!
Anonymous said…
Your little girl is so beautiful. I would love to meet her in person. Maybe next time you are in town I will get the pleasure...

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)