Cure for the week-ending blues
Last weekend I decided that as for me and my house, we were being far, far too serious. Making the decision about the yellow walls just about did us in. Well, not really. Actually, the decision about the yellow walls felt easy-peasy after all the hullaballoo with Trent's job (I need you to know that I just spent a long time figuring out how to spell that hullaballoo word. And I don't think I've got it right, still. But I like how it looks, so I'm leaving it). It seems that we spent a great deal of October and pieces of November being incredibly serious. That also involved taking ourselves far too seriously, which we have a tendency to do around here.
In any case, I decided we needed to lighten up.. So, I went to Target. I found what I was looking for. And then I sent Mr. Work-myself-to-death on a scavenger hunt to find it. And then the games began. And we pretty much almost wet our pants we laughed so hard. And Lillian just trotted around yelling at us all.
Not a bad way to spend a Friday evening.
As I begin the photo commentary, I must first say that I just love Trent. He was 100%into my plans (without even knowing for sure what they were) the moment saw the envelope titled "Read Me!" taped to the garage door.
Trent and Lillian searched all over the house for clues. Here they are finding a clue in the "Color Code" book...the clue was nestled in the chapters on yellow personalities. Yellows like to have fun. Trent and I combined have about 2 yellow attributes. Pathetic. But we're working on it.
Lillian kept a good eye on Trent throughout the night, evidenced with her awesomely sober face.
The clues led to the $14.00 cure for our seriousness. A little one-on-one-dart tag, cheaper than a night at the movies and ten times as fun.
We were going to wait to play until after dinner (this attempt at responsibility is proof that we are not yellow personalities), but when a dart came sailing from across the room at me as I boiled the chicken, the game was on.
It was a worthy game. We were both worthy opponents. In th end, Trent won. Of course he did.
But the best part of all was that we laughed until we were sick. We laughed until we bent over, holding our sides. We laughed until all three of us piled into a heap of laugher and exhaustion in the now-fully-yellow sunroom. And it was the best feeling in the world.
Comments
You're so adorable. Truly.
xoxo