A comforting reminder



"...May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent.
You are doing terrifically well.
The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility
is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you.
He knows that your giving birth to a child
does not immediately propel you into the circle of the omniscient.
If you and your husband will strive to love God and live the gospel yourselves;
if you will plead for that guidance and comfort of the Holy Spirit promised to the faithful;
if you will show others, including your children, the same caring, compassionate, forgiving heart you want heaven to show you;
if you try your best to be the best parent you can be,
you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do."

--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


You can click here to read the rest of this amazing talk.

Comments

Karina said…
Oh, thank you for this.
jensey said…
So i read the first line without noticing the quote and thought "wow...taking a little liberty there liz":) It made me laugh when I did the double take and saw the "" marks:) LOL! On a serious note, great quote and fabulous pic of Lillian!
Steffani said…
Lillian's EYES are unreal. What a beauty. I love the line if you will show the "forgiving heart you want heaven to show you . . . " What a great reminder!
jweed said…
thanks liz. i need to read this every day. :) in fact, i've been doing lots of pondering about your less than ideal stake conference experience. however, the stories and musings need to be in an email. hopefully i can spare 10 minutes one day to jot it down and share! just know: stake conference + kids=BUGGING
Anne said…
Liz, where are you?! I sent a T-day card to Elm Street, but it was returned. Do you still use your yahoo account? I'm not stalking you, but I might start to . . .
Camille said…
"YER DOIN' A GOOOOD JARB!"
jaimey said…
Liz, will you send me your e-mail address and real address when you have a minute? My e-mail is jmb52@aol.com. Thank you!! (And thank you for this quote, by the way. I am not a mother, but this touches me as a woman and a wife and daughter and sister and friend to moms I love. :) )

Popular posts from this blog

In Singapore Now

For Thad

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...