And that was just October!

When I say we've spent some time out of town lately, I mean we have spent some time out of town. From the Adirondacks to Miami, from New York City to Salt Lake City, we've criss-crossed this fine country.

Now, everyone knows I do love to travel. I lurrrrve it. But, even at the risk of sounding a teensy bit spoiled or snotty or self-absorbed (perhaps I am, at times, all of these things), I'm tired of planes. And shuttle buses. And rental cars. And most of all I'm tired of lugging Lillian's car seat through the airport at 5:00 a.m. after a red-eye flight.

So, I'm staying home for a little while. Lillian's staying home, too. We've almost talked Trent into our plan as well.

Here's just a few views of our travels. Enjoy.
October begins with our annual trip to the Apple Festival.

Just a few of the members of the fabulous Sutton clan, in Colorado while Thad was hospitalized.

A brief stop at home for some pumpkin painting with our very favorite Steffani.

While daddy worked the day away, we toured around the Mall in Washington DC. This was at the WWII memorial.

And this one was at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History (see my girl in pink, looking up at the elephant?)

Trent and the "other women" he loves--these ladies have been some of his dearest friends since high school (oh, where was I in high school when all of the fun was going on? Where was I?)

All of the family at Thad's burial

Lillian's greatest joy: jumping on the trampoline with her cousins.

Comments

Blondie said…
It was SO great to see you guys, wish it had been in different circumstances though. How about next time you come to town we plan some different circumstances? :)
Steffani said…
UM.... Where were you when Trent was having all the fun? You were with me watching Henry V at Loren Higbee's house, you were with me eating animal cookies and watching Romeo and Juliet. You were with the CitoRats at Hardee's jumping in the balls and eating an ice cream cone. You were with me at Wendy's after every basketball game. You were driving with me in the black jetta and the sunroof or in Roxie, or in David Gordon's green machine. True, we didn't know what we were missing, but I still think we had fun, though I would trade the Suttons for the Cito Rats any day. Maybe then we wouldn't have been the RBs. I forgot what jerks they were! I am ticked off now! JK. Love you ! Steffani
Camille said…
Love it! especially that last picture. There is something so wonderful about being at Jen's house and our children getting to have free reign and all the love they need and want!! i'm glad you guys are home safe and sound and hope someday your travels bring you to Dallas... tell Lillian I have a trampoline too!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)