First time homeowners



It's no exaggeration to say that almost ALL of my time lately is absorbed in putting together this new house of ours. Here's the latest rundown, by the numbers:


0

  • number of power tools we owned 2 weeks ago

1

  • bathroom totally stripped of wallpaper, repainted, and redecorated

  • backyard fence torn down by our friend Spencer

2

  • times we've gotten locked out of the house because we forgot the new house key

  • current number of power tools we own


3

  • rooms that still have no furniture (and probably won't for awhile)

  • days it took to paint my library (curse you, built-in desk)

4

  • neighbors who've stopped by to say hello

  • trips back and forth to the furniture store in a huge suburban to get our living room furniture here because we didn't want to pay for delivery or rent a moving van.


5

  • cabinets ripped out of the center of my kitchen because it was blocking the view
  • phone calls to the electrician I've made since moving in

6
  • months pregnant I am (let's not forget that)

7

  • times we've checked the curcuit breaker

12

  • trips I've taken to Home Depot since moving in

15


  • people from church who have helped us move in one way or another.

30


  • petunias we planted in our front yard flower bed tonight

and last but not least:


1

  • blissfully exhausted couple who love their new house

Comments

. said…
I loved that! I'm so glad you now have some power tools. Everyone needs good power tools! I can't wait to come and see you and help with all that painting and decorating so you can rest up and wait for that baby to get here. Glad you're loving your new house!
Sara Boulter said…
I CANNOT wait to come and see your new pad. There's something so rewarding about all that hard work. At 6 months, I was a nesting FOOL. So glad for you Lizzy. XO
Sara Boulter said…
Pat and I totally just posted at the same time....:)
gardnerfam said…
Hello long lost cousin, I am so happy for you. I had no idea you are pregnant. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. My mom forgets to tell me these things. I have been wanting to see your blog. It makes me feel a little more connected to my cousins who are so far away. What a cute house and sounds like alot of work but fun.
Love ya
Michele
stillindowney said…
We can't wait to come visit you in your new home--sounds like you have jumped right into the homeowners club-have fun and enjoy all that remodeling and painting and oh, have fun having the baby--that's the most exciting news.
love you
Sara Boulter said…
How's about some new pictures of the new house? How's about that huh?

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)