A (big) blogging announcement

Once, in the midst of my illustrious teaching years in Provo, a simply marvelous new teacher joined the English department. I knew she was marvelous from the moment I met her: she laughed easily, she worked hard, she loved literature passionately, and she was cute, too (because cute matters in teaching, it really does). Her name was Anne (with an "e", which matters to literature lovers) and we quickly became friends.  As a friend and as a teacher, Anne has been witty, wise, and wonderful. A blog I wrote about a conversation I had with her reveals her to be this way. Remember this?

Halfway through her second year of teaching, Anne had a little baby boy. Like me, she's taken a teaching sabbatical to stay home and raise him and the two little boys who followed him. Over the years, we've stayed in touch. When I lived in Utah we'd intermittently meet for lunch or talk on the phone. I even went on a date with her older brother. Things with him didn't progress past that first date and at the time it seemed too bad because I like Anne so much I would have liked her for a sister.

About a month ago I heard from Anne about a new blog she's started. A clever idea for a blog, if you ask me, where four women write weekly about...nothing, or, to use Shakespeare's wordplay, noting.  In other words, it's a blog about taking note of life, even the little unsung parts of it.

Anne has graciously extended the invitation to me to be a part of this blog. I eagerly accepted. Then my hands turned cold and my heart started pounding, and that hasn't stopped for a week or so. Sometimes blogging feels like sharing your journal with the world. When you know who your audience is (or perhaps when you don't know), then--for me, at least--writing is fun and easy.  When you don't know, it feels more challenging until you find your voice again.

So, here's my announcement, and my request. Will you join me in this adventure? You can find us at
http://www.hey-nonny.com/. I'll be writing every Thursday.

I'll still be using this blog for updates on my family; my sense is that this blog will get more personal and perhaps I'll even go "private" on this blog after a time. At this point, I'm jumping in the water and seeing how it goes.

You come, too.

Okay?

And for anyone who has ever posted an encouraging word on this blog, thank you. It's helped me feel like I can do this.

Comments

. said…
What a wonderful opportunity! I'm so excited for you! And I look forward to your weekly posts. You're already in my google reader!
Anne said…
We're going to have so much fun!
Jen said…
They could not have invited a more worthy writer/blogger. May you reach and discover the unknown depths within you.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)