Lovely Lollipops
I'm all about traditions. I love them, for like big epic continuation-of-culture reasons. And Christmas is a great time to continue and create new traditions. This year, I decided to make some homemade suckers for treats to give to neighbors and church friends. The candy making fills our house with the sweet aromas of cinnamon and peppermint. We've decided it's definitely a tradition we'll do every year.
It's actually surprisingly easy. Here's the How-to:
Mix together in a pot:
2 cups of sugar
2/3 c. light karo corn syrup
3/4 c. water
You gotta have a candy thermometer. When it hits 300 degrees, you're ready to add a couple of drops of food coloring and 1 dram of flavored oil (you can order this online or go to a kitchen shop).
Then pour into molds.
My mom sent me hers, but there were tons of places that had them for sale.
If that's not sweet enough, here's a little more Swedish sweetness for you to enjoy:
Comments
My mom also made these to sell for a time...the memories are happy!