What we've been up to

Since we've been home from Texas, we've had lots of time to do our normal daily stuff. I realized the other day how much I like our daily stuff. In fact, our daily stuff is just chock full of goodness. Seriously.

It's getting cold in NY so we got Lillian this fantastic snowsuit. It also works when/if she wants to be a Yeti anytime soon. It's about 14 sizes too big and her fingertips go to about where the elbows should be located. I think she really digs it. Please note the look of utter joy on her face:

We got it so that on the days when the sun is shining, we can go on walks. Even though it's sometimes so cold that it makes your eyes water, still, it's fun to go outside.

Winter time is also the season of fabulous soups. This is the fantastic soup that my friend, Kristin, made me right after I had Lillian. It really is so wonderful, and so healthy. It makes me feel like a domestic goddess to have dinner made and my baby happy. Who am I, really? Is this the woman who lived on Zone bars and Lean Cuisine for 33 years? Oh well. I guess I can be living proof that a little Food Network, a little help from my sister Jenny, and a crockpot can lead you in the paths of good food lovin' happiness.

I've been trying to read to Lillian consistently. So far, she seems to really like it. This picture was taken with the self-timer. See how pleasant and serene I look. I'm doing my very best Motherhood-is-so-awesome face.


And, on nights when Trent is working late, I put Lillian in her awesome Swedish bonnet and let her hang out on the floor with her friends. We also do floor exercises that I read about online. So far, she's been stellar. Clearly, she really enjoys this quality time with me.


And that, friends, is the good life here in New York. Life is good.


.

Comments

Anaise said…
The expressions on Lillian's face are priceless!

These happy, normal days are the best. I'm so GLAD you're enjoying them . . . and sharing them. I have many sweet days of my own, but the past couple have been hard, and sharing in other people's goodness has been sanity-restoring.

May you have many, many more happy days. :)
Camille said…
Remember how I told you your posts always make me laugh or cry? Well today I'm laughing. That last picture just has me ROLLING on the floor. OHHH She's so cute. And I loved the self timer shot and the walking shot and everythinggggg!!

love you lizzie, you little domestic goddess you.
. said…
Oh, where to start?
First, the snowsuit. Could you put her in something cuter?? Impossible! The good news is maybe she can wear it next winter!
Also, looove the picture of your cold eyes! You can almost see the frigid temperature in Lillian's watery tears. Soooo not jealous.
I love the Nie-esque self-portrait. Sad you cut off Lillian's face! Very funny stuff. And cute box on the table--what is that?
And please...that face. That beautiful, precious face. Probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Was the bonnet a joke or for real? Either way, you captured her awesomeness. Love it.
julie g said…
dearest liz. . .how much do i LOVE your self-portrait?! i need to do some of those since i am seriously lacking in evidence that i, too, love ALL mommy-moments. :) and please, is that bonnet really swedish? thank goodness for scandanavian influence in our lives. it is adorable (although i can see the wisdom in donning it while the husband is away). a phone call is coming your way soon!
Carla said…
Lillian is a doll-baby! That snowsuit pic is hilarious! You look like a Domestic Godess to me! (and a fabulous mommy)
AD said…
Ahhhh, so dang cute.
Anonymous said…
Liz,
your baby is so cute!!

Luh,
da maddy
Jen said…
Aw, Lizzie, I love posts like this. I dreamed of these lovely days for you and here, here they are. Your baby girl is so feakin adorable, and although just a pup, she is learning quickly how fantastic her mom is. You Rock!
Jen said…
PS the soup looks so yummy. I would love that recipe!
Dangcutekids said…
You make that soup look amazing. Nice presentation photo. I love the pink suit, and of course the bonnet is downright High-larious. I think you need to teach us about all these incredible Mommy moves, and floor routines. It sounds like we're missing out on lot of important quality bonding time here.
Blake said…
The bonnett strikes again! She is sooooooo cute.
Blake said…
P.S I think she's trying to immetate the alien.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)