Here's what's going on

It's a week of progress and change at our house.

First, Lillian has learned to crawl. This major milestone has been celebrated with great joy and rejoicing at our house. She's now moved to pulling herself up to a standing position. It looks as though walking isn't too far away.




Now, this is weird to say, I'm sure, but when these major milesone events--like teeth coming in (#3 appeared this week) or standing occur--I catch myself thinking something along the lines of: "Holy cow. We actually had a kid. You. You are my child. You even look like me. Holy cow." These thoughts represent the fact that I don't think I fully comprehend--I don't think one CAN fully comprehend--the utter magnitude that is child raising. It just blows my mind sometimes.



Next, I have a goal to find 3 things this month we can do for fun that don't cost money. So, I checked out the DVD collection at our local library. Ah ha! There were two movies there which we've wanted to see for years: Jean de Florette and its sequel, Manon of the Spring. We resultingly enjoyed a celebratory French night: eclairs, brie cheese (just for me, not for Trent who hates the brie) and baguette, and the two tragic films. Tragedy, brie, and French all rolled into one evening=sheer loveliness.





Third and last, our dear Zoe whom I have homeschooled all year long is leaving us this week. In a weird twist, she and her family are moving to Provo, and she potentially could attend the very school that I taught at. We love Zoe, Lillian adores Zoe, and we will miss her dearly.




That's what we're doing these days.

What's new with you?

Comments

. said…
What's going on is that I'm missing that baby girl of yours. And strangely, I'm considering having a french night. Don't know how that'd go over over here, but I'm inspired!
Anaise said…
Wasn't Baby Lil born just last week or something? Holy Cow! Congrats on her new milestones!

French night sounds fun, but it always loses out to Mexi-American night here.
Mike-and-Lesa said…
That eclair looks soooo good!!!
Camille said…
ahhhhhhhhh did you know that those are 2 of my favorite movies? How fun!!! and look at that yummy food. Ya'll are just the funners. us, we just have mexican night with our mexi nugget children. We're real cool like that. si, senor.

those pics of baby Lily are so yummy. I just wanna smooch her. I wish I could come and see you....
Diane said…
So glad to hear about your adorable little family. You're always doing fun and adventurous things.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)