Life is Beautiful

This weekend was the Lilac Festival.



The Lilac Festival is one of the 100 reasons that I like New York (there might be more than 100. I'm checking into it and I'll let you know).

Imagine... a hillside of filled with lilacs, lilac bushes towering over you, lilacs of deep purple, lavendar, and white, the fragrant scent of lilacs wafting on the wind.



It is simply intoxicating.
Next year, join us, won't you?

Comments

Judy Francisco said…
I would think I had died and gone to heaven! Lilacs are my FAVE! (I only knew ONE guy in So. Cali who had a lilac bush, and he always gave me some its meager produce; loved him for that!)
AD said…
Lilacs are also my FAVE and I would seriously go into a trance if I were surrounded by all that loveliness. Trances are good. Count me there next year! :)
Steffani said…
Sounds amazing. I think we have a sage brush festival in Utah or something like that .. . JK.
jweed said…
liz, you look like a lilac (a beautiful one) in that picture. lilacs and lillian. what a beautiful combination.
Camille said…
ohhhh liz i loved these pics on the family website and I love this post. OHHHHH these are soooo precious. You guys have so many cool things to see by you. I'm super jealous!
Anaise said…
I think it might be hard to get more beautiful than a lilac festival. Our lilac got sick with a powdery mildew a few years ago. We cut it way back in an effort to save its life, and we did, but it has yet to completely forgive us--we only get a very, very few blossoms each spring. How fun to be utterly surrounded by lilacs!
Amy Lou said…
So Beautiful! I can not believe how big Lillian is getting. We can't wait to see you guys in July.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)