Lillian turned one yesterday. And it was a celebration to remember!
The first big event of the day: painting a plate at "Color Me Mine"
Lillian hadn't ever picked up a paint brush, but it didn't matter.
We painted and smiled for the camera.
Then she filled her diaper with a smell that lingered
And upset the fine olfactory senses of her dad.
So we hurried and finished the plate.
It was fun with a little something smelly-special thrown in.
Then it was time to get the house ready for her big party.
Friends came from near and far.
Lillian showed off her fancy clothes from Grandma (thanks mom!)
Her fancy shoes from Ella (thanks, Trish!)
And her fancy black eye courtesy of the bathtub.
Lillian welcomed all her friends to her couch.
Including her new singing frog--also named Lily-
Who sings in English and Spanish.
Because we are bilingual like that.
We ate cupcakes.
We ate a lot of other food too.
Then we opened presents.
So many fun toys!
It was the best birthday, ever.
Until next year!

Comments

Jill said…
What a great birthday party. The cupcakes are so cute! It was nice to see you and your family at the reunion.
Diane said…
What a party. Great job.
Judy Francisco said…
I like the shiner!--something to always help remember the trauma of becoming 1 and starting to try to make a place for yourself in the world... :)
Anaise said…
Whoo! That is a good shiner! And the cupcakes are darling but not over the top--some of my birthday cakes have been over the top, and I always appreciate those who are sensible enough to be . . . well, sensible!

Happy Birthday Miss Lillian! May the second year be even better than the first!!!! :)
Camille said…
LIZZIE!!! look at you and your fancy self!!! I just loved these pics here on the blog and our site as well. Did you make the cupcakes? Uhhhh you freakin' rock!! I do love the cupcakes. This is the first year we haven't done cupcakes. I just couldn't bring myself to frost them with blue frosting :)

love you. Happy birthday pretty shiner girl.
debi said…
What a beautiful mother you turned out to be!!! Wowzers to the cupcakes....Big hugs from Seattle!
AD said…
I love seeing how Lillian is at one! Cute doesn't begin to describe her or the cupcakes or you or Trent....mercy! You know howuch I wish I were you right about now? Everything ahead of you....
Dangcutekids said…
Those cupcakes look incredible and I love your matching shirts. She is growing up way too fast! Darling decorations.
Steffani said…
Wow! Look at you! Those cupcakes were impressive--I didn't realize you were such a Martha Stewart! Go girl! Happy Birthday, Lillian! Steff
Jake and Julie said…
I can't believe you have a one year old and we left NY over two year ago! Time flies. Glad to see all is well.
Jake and Julie

Popular posts from this blog

In Singapore Now

For Thad

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...