These are the days

I just got back from a run. The sky was a crystal clear blue. Autumn has just begun and the trees are beginning a gentle descent into hues of brilliant red and gold. The air was crisp, but not cold.

It was perfect.

AsI ran, Natalie Merchant sang in my ears what felt like a perfect anthem, not only for the moment, but for the life I am so blessed to lead right now:

These are days you'll remember

never before and never since, I promise
will the whole world be warm as this
and as you feel it, you'll know it's true
that you are blessed and lucky....

these are the days
that you might fill with laughter
until you break
these days you might feel a shaft of light
make its way across your face
and when you do
you'll know how it was meant to be
see the signs and know their meaning
it's true.





Comments

. said…
Oh, you are blessed. What great lyrics! I need to track down that song!
I love that picture, too. I don't think I've seen that shot! What a beautiful dress!
Camille said…
ohhhhhhhhhh why do I suddenly have Natalie Merchant in my head??

oh right.

I love her.

And I love you.

And I wanna kiss that little Lillian's face.

And I wonder if Trish will ever blog again.
Dangcutekids said…
That picture...
couldn't
be
cuter
period!
jweed said…
ummm. that picture is GORGEOUS. what a looker that little lillian is. she must have a beautiful mama. oh, and about the cooking thing, Liz, i think i'm saying, "who are you?!" as well. do you remember the burned grilled cheese on my frypan during our days in Quicksilver? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)