Keeping it real


You know those days when...

You wake up so early in the morning that your right eye is sealed shut, likely from the mascara you didn't take off from the night before, and

You pour your darling baby some apple juice into her sippy cup only to realize that the apple juice smells strangely like ale and looks frothy like beer, so you narrowly avoid helping your 15 month old get her drink on, and

It's 12:01 p.m. and you are still in your pajamas because you've spent the whole morning wrapping presents, organizing presents, and figuring out how you're going to get all the presents and the baby in and out of the post office, and you're sorely tempted to never get out of your pajamas again but then the people from "What Not To Wear" just might stop you on the street and then the shame, oh the shame, and


Your fabulous photographer sister is in Hawaii for five weeks and you forgot to order Christmas cards from her before she left, even though you made a special trip to Utah for a photo shoot for the cards that you probably now won't send, unless you just give up and get a bunch of 4x6s printed at Target, and


In all the mayhem you realize that your baby girl is sporting an unusual snowflake cut-out pattern all over her brand new shirt because the scissors you left out from wrapping the aforementioned presents were just a little too tempting for her to pass up...then
...you know what makes you so totally awesome.


It's supposed to be the craziest week of the year, guys. Here's hoping we all survive it.

Comments

Anne said…
There's usually at least one day a week when I don't brush my teeth. Sorry about the snowflake shirt.
. said…
Hah! Actually, I do think you're totally awesome. Here's hoping this busy week passes quickly!
Steffani said…
Hillarious! But please, just send your Christmas cards for the new year. I look so forward to getting them! Are their two LLs in hillarious or is it hilarious? I don't know, Miss English teacher. Miss you! Steff
Camille said…
haaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just loveed this, and love that pic of missy pants doin' her thang right there. Make sure you put that one in your christmas cards. I am sorry you had a bad day but I bet despite it all you still looked freakin' good in all your loveliness as a woman and mother... and I'd love to see that snowflake shirt!!
Anaise said…
Ha ha ha! Yup! That's keeping it real, all right.

Enjoy the wondrous variety of your days!
Jen said…
Oh, Liz, I can imagine all of this. I laughed out loud and I can't believe Lillian can work scissors. Awesome. And you are more than totally awesome, you are amazing!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)