Manhattan and Me

I'm in Manhattan
sitting in my hotel
waiting for my brother-in-law
who is coming to pick me up
to take me to see "Our Town"
(my very favorite play).
I'm in Manhattan
in the middle of the Christmas season
and made it in time to see the Rockerfeller tree
and go to lunch with a dear friend
and catch a Broadway show
and spend time with Trent
whom I adore.
I'm in Manhattan
and the first five minutes after our arrival
I lost my wallet
and we started to panic that maybe it was lost forever
and then I would be stuck here
because my license was in the wallet
and I can't fly home with out a picture i.d.
and Trent got scared
which made me start to panic.
I'm here in Manhattan
And the bell hop in our hotel
Found my wallet and brought it to me
And I collapsed in his arms and yelled
"I love you!"
And you know what?
He hugged me back and told Trent that I'd chosen him instead.
I'm here in Manhattan
And it's Christmas time
And there is magic in the air.
Magic that found my wallet
Magic that got us into a fantastic Broadway play
Magic that fills the window displays
Magic that my favorite play is available to see
Magically magic.
Don't you love it when everything works out perfectly?
Comments
You are proof that a perfect and ideal life is possible.
I am so glad you're having the time of your life!!
I love the picture of Manhattan at Christmastime. It sounds like you have had a wonderful couple of days.
I miss all of our talks! I hope all is well.