Lovely Lilacs
This weekend we attended The Lilac Festival. It's held for 10 days at a park nearby and its main feature is a walk through an entire hillside awash in lilacs. There's purple and lavendar and pink and white bushes of lilacs, and the smell is absolutely intoxicating. Of course, it's a festival, too, so once you get past the big hill, there's fair food (ever had a funnel cake?) and music from local bands and an overall atmosphere of community. The day we went, there was even a big parade featuring just about every marching band the area can hold. Ahh, festivals, how we love you.



Who doesn't love a good marching band?

Who doesn't love a good marching band?
Comments
I'm guessing this is before the illness struck??? and where's puhtrish? and you look SOOOO cute in these pics. I'm dying over the one with you and the band. Belly up to the bar, boys!
I've discovered that the lilacs of California are jasmine. And it is in full bloom right now everywhere! Singapore had jasmine around every corner as well, so when I smell it here I am taken back to a place I love, too. I make sure to stop and relish the fragrance whenever I get the chance.
Cute pictures!