And yes I said yes I will yes.

To my ideal husband:

Two years ago today, we got all dressed up (because you know I love that)


And you took me to go see this:




You showed up at my door looking dashingly handsome with this in your hands



When I got in the car you had this music playing:






I thought you were awfully romantic.



We loved the Opera. Remember? I thought it was the most magical evening of my life. And when the Opera was over, we drove home. I felt wistful...sorry that the night was over.


But then you said that it wasn't quite over, yet.


I was delighted.


We took a few pictures.







Then you did this:





And then, love, you did this:






My reaction? This:






And then I said yes,

yes,

yes,

yes!!






Two years isn't a very long time. Yet, somehow in that amount of time, we've managed a glorious wedding, a move across the country, tackled our careers (quite bravely, I must add), one heckuva roller coaster pregnancy, and now we're this:



All because of that night two years ago.

I'm so glad I said yes.

Comments

Lindsey said…
Reading your blog gives me hope. You guys are awesome.
oh i'm crying buckets right now!

how precious and lovely!

yay for dreams coming true!
Camille said…
Totally bawling my eyes out right now...

Love you and Trent tambien. Oh and don't even get me started on that baby Lily.

xo
Joyce said…
Hooray for love! I love you guys. I'm so glad you found each other.
. said…
Wow! Two years already! I'm so happy for you both. Such happiness couldn't have come to a more deserving couple. I love you both!
Anaise said…
I so enjoy reading romantic stories--this was a pleasure.
Congratulations!!!
Sara Boulter said…
Two years! Holy moly. I love you both and I love that little bug too. Congrats on your happy happiness. You deserve it.
Dangcutekids said…
and you couldn't look better doing it all too. What a fantastic couple, and darling little sweetheart.
Diane said…
You wait was sooooooooo worth it!
AD said…
This is such a happifying post. :) True love = the best.
Amy Lou said…
I can't believe it has been two years. We are so happy that you found each other.
Karina said…
Finding someone to love and who loves you is so amazing and magical. I love to hear about happy couples :)
Anonymous said…
Liz. I am so glad that you married Trent. I couldnt ask for a better uncle...I love you both!

Love, maddy

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)