Happy Halloween

So many reasons to celebrate today:

10. Lillian looks like this today. She also slept through the night. She also smiles and coos and giggles whenever she sees me (except while I was taking this picture. I think the hat stressed her out a bit). I think we're beginning to get the hang of this parenting thing...and it just keeps getting better and better.





9. It's Halloween AND a Friday night AND Trent is coming home from work early AND we get to hang out with our friends at the ward trunk or treat=very good times.


8. Whoever invented Trunk or Treat is SERIOUSLY AWESOME. Good idea.


7. I don't need a costume since I recently had a small jogging accident which left me looking like this:






6. My husband still loves me even though I look like this.


5. We've had some really, really good laughs about my face. Because, honestly, if you take yourself too seriously in a moment like that, then life sucks. And my life is great.



4. My darling WendyJ was here for the weekend. I love her. I have some truly wonderful friends who understand and validate and listen and laugh. I try to do the same in return. My life has been very blessed by good and faithful and loving friends.




3. We walked through the Sacred Grove on Sunday, sat on a bench, and quietly watched the leaves fall around us. It was stunning. I love my church, my faith, and my beliefs. They ground me, they center me, and they constantly give me something to which I can aspire.







2. I get to be with my sisters in a very short time. We will laugh and we will cry and we will try to avoid any sort of massive dysfunctional issue all in our attempt to love one another. I am so glad that I have these fabulous women in my life.


1. I read that NieNie is out of the woods and it made me want to cry. This post is an homage to her, really, because she always chose to see the good in life and as a result--at least as far as I can see--her life has become a gorgeous array of beauty and blessedness. She's made me want to be a better wife, a better mother, and a better woman. I am so thankful to her.


And so thankful for my life. It's such a good life and I wouldn't trade anything about it.

Comments

liza said…
I'm so glad you posted. I've been dying to see an updated photo of your little cherub. She looks absolutely delicious! I love the pic of you three in the Sacred Grove. I have only been there once and it was one of those muggy summer days. Autumn looks like the perfect time to be there. Love you guys!
Liz, love that post! You are so funny! I love the battered picture of you! I have been reading the updates on Nie Nie too (since you told me about it) and I feel the same way. So grateful for my life and my blessings and praying for her. Hope you don't mind that I just blog stalked your blog. You guys are so cute! --Megan
Camille said…
AHHHHHH don't bring your motha into this. I LOVE YEW!!!! that picture will forever make me laugh. It just doesn't even look like you. Give yourself a graham cracker and then maybe. just maybe.

I do love that Lily and I CANNOT wait to see you. IN ONE WEEK!! wahoooo!
Diane said…
Those new cute running shoes let you down. That must have been one huge fall. Hope you are healing ok. That is one cute halloween baby!
Anaise said…
What kind of a jogging accident can hurt your face so much??? I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you're okay and laughing. I hope you heal quickly.

You sure have a cute lil punkin!
Anonymous said…
hey lizzie. Its maddy. I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AND LILLIAN!!!!!! YAAAAHHHH HOOOO!!!
and i will work extra hard on my homework so i can get it done on time and so we can spend time to get-her! OK?

BYE>
I love you to the moon and back, and infinite and beyond!
( *who knows how long i loved you, you know i loved you still, will i wait a lonely life time, if you want me to, i will. I love you forever and forever!!!*)
jweed said…
liz, if you don't mind when you return from your family frenzy get together, pray tell about your "small" jogging accident?! can't wait to hear the details on that one! :) but really, a cute post and a cute baby.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)