A love letter
Dear Cafe Rio,
I love you. I love you. I love you.
Ours is a long distance relationship. It's one sided in that I always have to come to you. Sometimes the 2000 mile journey seems long, but then I walk through your double doors and you wrap me in your warm tortilla arms, and I remember how long its been, and I love you all the more.
Cafe Rio, I need to tell you what I love about you.
Your salads. I like them very much.
Your pork tacos. I like them, too.
Your indescribably awesome house dressing. I want to do the back stroke in a swimming pool size portion of your dressing.
Your friendly people; they smile as they ask me, "Black or pinto beans" and they load on the lettuce and the guac with a twinkle in their eyes; they always cheer when someone gets a free meal.
Your really fresh food, instead of food-that-has-sat-in-those-stainless-steel -vats-until-it's-a-little-crusty-but-you-still-try-to-pass-it-off-as-fresh.
That big bowl of peppermints that you have at the end of your cash register. I always eat one as I pick up my meal and it makes me a little happier.
Cafe Rio, how can I explain to the world that you are a microcosm of everything that I love about Utah: lack of bureauracy, fresh food, friendly faces, and family size EVERYTHING including prices?
Alas, I feel I cannot. But let the world know this: Cafe Rio, I love you.
And that is why I just ate one of your big honking salads in one sitting all by myself.
Yours forever,
NY Lizzy
I love you. I love you. I love you.
Ours is a long distance relationship. It's one sided in that I always have to come to you. Sometimes the 2000 mile journey seems long, but then I walk through your double doors and you wrap me in your warm tortilla arms, and I remember how long its been, and I love you all the more.
Cafe Rio, I need to tell you what I love about you.
Your salads. I like them very much.
Your pork tacos. I like them, too.
Your indescribably awesome house dressing. I want to do the back stroke in a swimming pool size portion of your dressing.
Your friendly people; they smile as they ask me, "Black or pinto beans" and they load on the lettuce and the guac with a twinkle in their eyes; they always cheer when someone gets a free meal.
Your really fresh food, instead of food-that-has-sat-in-those-stainless-steel -vats-until-it's-a-little-crusty-but-you-still-try-to-pass-it-off-as-fresh.
That big bowl of peppermints that you have at the end of your cash register. I always eat one as I pick up my meal and it makes me a little happier.
Cafe Rio, how can I explain to the world that you are a microcosm of everything that I love about Utah: lack of bureauracy, fresh food, friendly faces, and family size EVERYTHING including prices?
Alas, I feel I cannot. But let the world know this: Cafe Rio, I love you.
And that is why I just ate one of your big honking salads in one sitting all by myself.
Yours forever,
NY Lizzy
Comments
dangit, no matter how much I write I can't get rid of the craving. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???!!!
I love the Cafe Rio, too. A whole lot.
Have you tried their soup, Liz? You need to if not.
How long are you in UT? If you need any other restaurant recommendations while you're there, I have some doozies . . . you will love them, I'm sure of it. :)
Hope your visit is/was lovely!