Dream Analysis

I woke up this morning giggling. I turned to Trent whose face was about 2 inches away and whose eyes had just blinked open.

"Hi," I said groggily.

"Hi," he said back.

I started giggling.

I was giggling because I had just woken up from the funniest dream.

I dreamed that I was walking through the streets of downtown Provo in my wedding dress. The sweet strains of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir filled the air. I listened carefully to hear what they were singing. It was an original tune (original to my dream, that is), that went something like, "Proooovooooo, I looooove you. Provo, I loooooove you. I looove Proooovoooooo." There was full blown harmony and the singing of the song in parts. It was touching, tender, lovely, moving, everything a hit song should be.

 Then, in my dream,  I walked into Albertson's in my wedding dress. And all of my former students were there. And then I remembered that I had married some other guy from high school, not Trent. And I spent the rest of the dream trying to figure out why Trent and I had broken up.

All the while the "I love Provo" song was going through my head.

What does it all mean?

I don't know. Except that I do love Provo. And I do love my wedding dress. And I do love that husband of mine and I'm VERY glad we didn't break up in real life.

And maybe the MoTab should record that song.

Comments

Diane said…
You crack me up.
jaimey said…
Liz, don't you just love it when you remember your dream?? I do. :) And that one is particularly amusing :) I can just imagine you all flowy and glowing in your dress . . . and that soundtrack in the background . . . hilarious.

Popular posts from this blog

In Singapore Now

For Thad

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...