Once again from the shadow of the everlasting hills...
...I greet you.
We woke early this morning, still on Eastern time. Early enough to explore Grandma's house with Lillian (so many cool toys), and early enough for Trent to finish the paper work on our friends' adoption of beautiful baby Olivia (the reason that we are here).
We awoke to find that a perfect summer day had dawned in the valley, in the comforting shadow of the Provo Temple and Mount Timpanogos.
There was only one thing for us to do:
And so we ran. We ran past the temple and down Timpview drive to the tennis courts of the high school. I paused and stared, sweat trickling down my face and my heart warmed with a million and one memories. If I could have hugged that school, I would have.
Trent is recovering from a hurt knee, so he finally runs as slow as me. Our breath and our pace matched one another as we made our way home.
Provo.
Home of Magleby's and Day's Thriftway;
Home of Steffani and Wendy and Paul and Scott & Amy and Michael and more;
Where delightful former students who, when you walk into a restaurant, call out your name with delight;
Where Mount Timpanogos looms large in your view, instead of just in a painting in the living room;
Where Trent and I and this whole thing started.
Provo
I
Love
You.
Comments
You guys are rockstars.
I LOVED the title of this post. it actually made me laugh and made me think of our video with Anne.
Thank you, Buh bye.