Utah misses you already too. Or, at least I do! I didn't even get to tell you goodbye! It was SOOO great to see you, your cute hubby and that sweet, sweet baby girl. I just wanted to take her home!
So great to see your family. Your little Lillian is an angel. You didn't mention how long your flight was delayed. But according to the expressions on all three of your faces it must have been a while!
Today was Stake Conference. Trent was part of the program, and the Stake Center is 30 minutes away. We hustled out the door at 9 a.m. and made it in time (I thought) to get the soft cushy seats up front for great view for Trent's oboe performance and some good old nurturing of the Good Word. Then I remembered that we have a 14 month old. I remembered that perhaps it would not be wise to have that 14 month old bouncing up and down, crawling over and under, and screaming (because she's in that screaming phase, that one where she likes to exercise her voice at high and progressively louder pitches for no reason other than she seems to like the sound). As I hustled in toward the front of the chapel I remembered that it wouldn't be the best spot for us. Somehow, going to the back made me feel sad. Maybe because I knew that our days of sitting on the cushy chairs were over. But our friends were sitting in the back with their four children. I brightened at that thought and moved t...
On our second date, Trent took me home to meet his family. We walked in the front door and found his mom in the kitchen, busily attending to Trent's younger brother, Thad. To that point in my life, I was wholly unexperienced with physically and mentally disabled people. Upon my first meeting of Thad, who has been handicapped since birth, I felt a little uncomfortable. I didn't want to stare; I didn't know how not to stare; I didn't know how to react. Then I paused, and watched how all of Trent's family interacted around Thad. They rubbed his head, they kissed his cheek, they talked to him about where they were going and how they were feeling, they told him that they loved him. Their total acceptance and adoration of Thad made it possible for others to feel comfortable, too. And so, within a few moments of meeting Thad, I relaxed. *** In the long years leading up to meeting and marrying Trent, I was given a lot of promises about my future spouse by means of pri...
Classic moment with my husband, the extrovert. Let me tell you a little secret: I am an introvert. Does that surprise you? It surprised me, too. I discovered this little nugget of extremely salient information one day when I was 47 weeks pregnant and Trent invited a family over for Sunday dinner and I burst into tears. Follow the line of logic here from an extrovert's (TRENT) point of view: Liz is pregnant. She is sick of being pregnant. She needs to get her mind off of that. I will give her the GIFT of a lot of people here at the house playing games and laughing. We will enjoy their company. This will totally re-energize her. This will be great. Now follow the line of logic from an introvert's (LIZ) point of view: If there are all those people at the house I will have to entertain them. I will feel totally drained of any energy I have left since right now I don't have the energy to even smile. All I want to do is talk to Trent about the baby or read...
Comments
xoxo
it WAS so fun to see you.
Sorry your flight back was delayed. Yuck! :-(
Jeanna