How to survive winter, Upstate style

In the four years since we've moved to New York, I'd like to think we've learned a thing or two about learning to survive the winters here. 

First, you need a lot of cookies and a snappy hat help keep the winter chill away:
 Second, it's all about getting outside and enjoying the wonders of winter firsthand. This year, Lillian is finally old enough to handle sledding. So, look what Daddy bought her for Christmas--her own sled!

 The third thing we've learned about surviving winter is that you have to have the right gear. We all can now bear sub-zero temperatures with a smile (and a sneaky snowball) thanks to our high powered winter gear. Here, Lillian-the-marshmellow sports her snow boots, snow pants, fleece, snow coat, snow mittens, and fleecy hat. The look of glee comes from the knowledge that she's about to pelt Mom with a snowball.
 I also have wintergear. See how I rock the head gear look. I kind of look like I belong in an 80s Hair Band here.
 The next tip to surviving months of long winter weather and lots of snow is to embrace snow sporting activities. Here's my first ever attempt at snowshoeing--something that was so surprisingly fun I actually got a little emotional about it (I was just that happy).


 Of course, a little burst of blue sky and sunshine never hurt, either.
Winter's half way over, my friends. So far, so good.

Comments

Anaise said…
We've been reveling in snow play, too.

I gotta say it--I love winter!
Karina said…
You are a better woman than I am. Surviving the snow in style.

Popular posts from this blog

Liz and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad...

For Thad

Facebook is for extroverts (and other observations of an introvert)